Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas from Taiwan

Merry Christmas!

It doesn't really feel like Christmas here, I rarely see a Christmas tree or Christmas lights.  I sometimes hear Christmas music coming from Starbucks or the mall, though.  It just kind of feels like another day.  But, I know that we celebrate Christmas not for the feelings and gifts, we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ.  Just because it doesn't feel the same, does not mean it doesn't have the same meaning. 

In Taiwan, they don't recognize Christmas as being a holiday, this is understandable though.  Only about 1% of the Taiwanese population are Christian, I actually would rather them not celebrate Christmas over celebrating Christmas for commercial reasons only.

I hope you all have a wonderful time with family, friends and whoever you run into this Christmas season.  I hope your Christmas is filled with warm, tasty food.  If you don't have a lot of family around, I hope that you will still find joy in the true celebration of Christmas whereever you are at.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Phil

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Phil! I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you when you get back. May God bless you time while you are there =D

    Nathan Cook

    ReplyDelete